Free Rice Game

I just learned about an intriguing vocabulary game called Free RiceLazy Laces posted a review today.

If you choose the correct definition of the word, the next word you’re given is “harder.”  If you answer incorrectly, the next word is supposed to be “easier.”  In addition, for every word you get correct, ten grains of rice are supposedly donated to an international aid agency.

I’m assuming the donation plan is legitimate, but don’t know for sure.  One thing I do know, though, is that this is the first time I’ve seen a game that adjusts its difficulty level based on the answers the player gives.

I’m a little behind on things, but within a couple of days this link will be on my Intermediate English page under Word and Video Games.

1. This site is addictive! Not nice! I should be working and instead I’m checking my vocabulary level! LOL I can make it to 39 and then fall back to 38. I forwarded it on to both teachers and friends. Thanks! Great site for use in a LA room with a data projector.