Student Resumes

The Go To Web 2.0 blog recently had a post about online resume-builders.  Two of the sites they mentioned particularly stand-out as excellent tools for  Intermediate English Language Learners and mainstream students.  In fact, they’d be good tools for anyone looking to write their resume.

Both Amiko and Emurse are free and very accessible.   Both sites walk  you through a process of making a resume.  They basically have a serious of  text-boxes to fill-in, and have instructions about what to do written in simple English.  You then end-up with a professional-looking resume.

Writing for an authentic audience is always a great learning opportunity.  And preparing a resume for a potential employer is a pretty darn authentic audience.

I’ve placed both links on my Examples of Student Work page under Student Resumes.

1. Online resume builders could be really useful to some people. But I’m not really a big fan of them. I believe that you can create perfectly good resumes by yourself. That’s how I got my job…LOL

Zooey Sample Student Resumes