'money' photo (c) 2012, 401(K) 2012 - license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

I’m teaching an Economics class to English Language Learners this summer, so thought it would be helpful to my students, and readers of this blog, and me to make my next “The Best…” list related to that class.

By the way, this is sort of a “sister” list to The Best Websites For Students Exploring Jobs & Careers and my next list, The Best Sites To Learn Life Skills.

Here are my picks for The Best Sites For Learning Practical Money Skills:

Hands On Banking is from Wells Fargo. Most of it provides audio support for the text, and there are different levels of learning modules ranging from fourth grade to adults. I would have ranked it much higher if it was a little more interactive. (this looks like a Spanish version of the site)

Financial Fitness For Life has a lot of similarities to Hands On Banking.

Brain Pop Economics Movies is the only site on the list that you have to pay in order to access. Brain Pop has also made a few of my other lists. I think it’s worth the money,and you can sign-up for a free trial.

The Everyday Life Project has also made other “The Best…” lists. It’s free, though you have to register for it (it’s very easy to do so). It has excellent interactive exercises on many money-related issues.

The cost of bad credit is an interactive from The Washington Post.

Junior Achievement Build Your Future is simple and engaging.

Money Skills

Here’s a new announcement from The Cultural Orientation Resource Center:

With training and guidance from COR Center colleagues at the Center for Applied Linguistics, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Bureau of Consumer Protection has developed a website with financial literacy information for people with low literacy levels. Available in both English and Spanish, materials include resources regarding managing money; credit, loans, and debt; and identify theft and scams.

I checked it out, and it’s a great resource. It’s very accessible, and includes audio support for the text. Too bad it seems short on images and videos but, nevertheless, it will come in very handy.

Sites On Economics My Students Will Be Using In Their Virtual Summer School

EverFi

FoolProof

HAVE YOU USED ANY OF THESE TEACHING TOOLS ABOUT FINANCIAL LITERACY? IF SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEM?

BizKids has some nice games and other resources.

Khan Academy has developed a financial literacy course. I still think EverFi and Banzai! are the best I’ve used with my students, but it can’t hurt to have any other option.

What’s on your pay stub? is from The Washington Post.

Fee free to give feedback or make other suggestions in the comment section.

If you’ve found this post helpful, you might want to consider subscribing to this blog for free.