Now, instead of being unenthusiastic, I’m downright negative. Kate Ahern recently wrote in her fine blog Teaching Learners With Multiple Needs about the site naming their “Coolest Comic” (on their home page, no less) one that uses the insulting term “retards.” She emailed them about it, but it’s still up as I write this post.
About The Author
I'm a high school teacher in Sacramento, CA.
January 6, 2019
January 18, 2012
August 7, 2007
Most popular posts
- List Of Knowledge Questions My TOK Students Are Using This Year For Their Oral Presentations
- Four "New" Activities I'm Doing Next Week In My ELL Newcomers Class
- The Best Online Virtual "Corkboards" (or "Bulletin Boards")
- Get A Free PDF Of The NY Times' "1619 Project"
- The Best Video Clips On Goal-Setting -- Help Me Find More
- The Best Resources For Helping Teachers Use Bloom's Taxonomy In The Classroom
- The Best Websites For Creating Online Learning Games
- The Best Places To Read & Write "Choose Your Own Adventure" Stories
- The Best Places To Get The "Same" Text Written For Different "Levels"
- This Is The Best Video I've Seen On Perseverance & Resilience: "There’s no dishonor in having a disability"