EdNews Removed From “The Best…” List

A while back I added the Ed News to The Best Ways To Keep-Up With Current Education Issues.  It had come highly recommended by a colleague, and I had found their daily digest to be a good objective compilation of national and international education-related news.

However, I now find that I was mistaken and have removed it from “The Best…” list.

Today, its digest included two completely inaccurate and inappropriate articles from extreme conservative (which is an understatement)  writers.

In my eyes, their inclusion raises serious questions about the editor’s judgment.

It’s particularly surprising to me since Martin Haberman is supposedly on their board of advisors. He’s written some good stuff that I’ve seen.

1. Larry,

Thank you for your comments. These two articles are not inappropriate and inaccurate articles as you described. I would be very interested in knowing where the inaccuracies are? Regarding if they are proper or not is apparent. They involve education and that is what EducationNews was founded on covering all aspects of the field. Unlike the majority of other media outlets we do cover all sides of issues. I am afraid this election has brought out the underlining basis by half the country for one side or the other.

Thank you for your readership over the years.

Jimmy Kilpatrick
    Editor, EducationNews.org

2. I’m quite open to hearing and learning responsible viewpoints that are different from mine (I read the Wall Street Journal daily). However, and I’ve posted about this before in this blog, right-or-left wing ideological hit pieces are not okay with me.

The inaccuracies in those two articles are numerous, including attacking John McKnight as being “on the boards of radically anti-American groups in Chicago, including one accused of thuggery.” Of course, why not attack a man who’s primarily known for his work promoting that we look at low-income people in terms of their “assets” instead of their “deficits”?

Larry