The Best Tools To Make Simple Graphs Online

This is going to be a short and sweet “The Best…” list.

Thanks to Sue Waters’ post at The Edublogger (and you should really go there directly to read it and see her example) I’ve learned about a very, very simple way to create a graph with the unfortunate name Crappy Graph. She learned about it from Steve Dembo.

You can make an online graph there in seconds.

Plus, in the comments section of Sue’s post, Donna B. wrote about Graph Jam, another similar tool.

Both places let you create graphs for free and will host it for you if you want.

Sue’s post and the comments talk about some good ideas on how to use these graphs, too.

Online Chart Tool is the newest addition to this list.  It’s not quite as easy as the first two, but it seems to come fairly close.

Chartle is a new online tool to easily and quickly make charts, graphs and maps.  It’s slightly more complicated than some of the other applications here,  but still worth adding to the list.

Chart Go is another new site that lets you easily make…charts.  It doesn’t have an embed feature, but I assume you can use Embedit.in for that.

Kids Zone is another good site for making charts and graphs.

Pie Color is an easy place to make pie charts that you can embed.

Chart Chooser is pretty cool. It shows you different types of charts — categorizing them in which are best for showing what kind of data — and then you can upload your data into them.

DIY Charts seems like an easy place to create…charts.

I’ve been wondering for awhile if I could ever find an online application to make graphs that I could actually understand how to use. Hohli and Chart Tool are two I’ve tried, but just couldn’t figure them out.

1. Thanks to Steve Dembo and now Donna B. I’ve now got a new obsession (creating graphs online) which has probably quickly spread across the edublogosphere.

Meanwhile it’s good to note that it looks like you missed the second incredibly amazing gem in Donna B.’s comment — which I was waiting to see whether you realised it (and grabbed it) before me :) . Now have you wondering what you missed :)

2. http://nces.ed.gov/nceskids/createagraph/default.aspx

Very easy to use and understand. Makes lots of different kinds of graphs and several options to download your graph.

3. Pingback: Creating Equations Using An Online Graph Creator | The Edublogger

4. Wow, what a great idea. Thanks for sharing it. I can’t wait to start using it with my kids next week.

Jim

5. What about Google chart API and spreadsheet gadgets? They can also leverage your spreadsheet for easy data manipulation.
    Example of crappy integrated graph(did a table by hand) connected to a live g spreadsheet. http://bit.ly/9yllaH

6. Larry, I can’t figure out Hohli either!

7. Hello Larry,

thanks for a nice list – i was looking for some charting tools and arrived here. While they are goo in general none of them were easy and comfortable enough for me and then i’ve found http://DIYcharts.com These guys have made really hard work to make it look awesome, please consider adding them to your list as well – it might be helpful for others too!

Cheers.