I put out a “call” to readers to contribute suggestions for this “The Best…” list, and several responded.

To be included on this list, the site must have at least several hundred links easily accessible to students and/or teachers, and the links must be verified that they’re still “live” at least once a year or so (or, at least, it needs to appear to do so — you can usually easily tell if it has a lot of dead links).

I haven’t put them in any order of preference, and I’m sure there are a lot more out there.  Feel free to include them in the comments section of this post.

I’m not going to describe each one — it’ll be fun to go check each one out on your own!

Here are The Best Collections of Educational Links:

Ressources pour le College

Internet 4 Classrooms

Comox Valley School District

eToolBox Wiki

Teach The Children Well

History Link 101

Mrs. Mitchell’s Virtual School

ThinkQuest Library

The Utah Education Network K-12 Student Interactives

The K-5 Computer Lab Activities Wiki

Monique suggested the Warrensburg R-Vl School District site.

Miss Bosch suggests Learning Links from the Southfield Christian School.

Amy recommended Jim Moulton’s website.

Linda DeVore suggests several:

Awesome Library

Free Resources For Educational Excellence

Thinkfinity

Shambles

Utah Education Network

David Deubelbeiss rightly recommends EFL Classroom’s Diigo Collection.

John Paul Loucky suggests Call4All, which he describes as “a HUGE VIrtual Language Learning Encyclopedia or Language Ed Links Library, over 4,000 well-organized links so far and growing. Regularly updated, about once a month, so it fits your parameters. Enjoy it everyone!”

And I should list my website, which has over 9,000 categorized links accessible to English Language Learners.

The File Cabinet, created by Kelly Hines, is the newest addition to this list.

Mrs. Alline

Copacabana Public School Get Smart Interactive Activities

Classroom Web Tools

I’m adding the Vermilion Parish Curriculum Site (that main page leads to plenty of other great features, including their eHomework Pad) to this list.

Cybrary Man

The Baltimore County Public Schools have a very nice collection of educational links for all subjects at their BCPS Curriculum Resources K-12 page.

Portaportal is a very impressive and well-organized collection of educational links. It has been created by Kimberly Bedsole.

As always, feedback is welcome.