The Best Sites To Learn About U.S. Presidents

With the Presidential Inauguration coming-up next week, I thought that a “The Best…” list about U.S. Presidents might be a good companion to The Best Sites For Learning About The Presidential Inauguration.

Reader might also be interested in The Best Sites To Learn About U.S. Presidential Elections., which has a lot of biographical material on Barack Obama (along with basic info on how a president is elected). There’s also The Best Resources About President’s Day. I also have posted The Best Places To Learn About President Barack Obama’s Life.

is a short list that  sites accessible to English Language Learners that provide biographical resources on the U.S. Presidents.

Here are my picks for The Best Sites To Learn About U.S. Presidents:

Timeline: The Presidents Of The United States is a nice interactive from the British newspaper The Guardian.

Fox News has another interactive on all the Presidents.

Mr. Nussbaum’s U.S. Presidents also provides short bio’s on each of them.

Meet The Presidents is a student-created site that gives a slightly more lengthy biography of each President.

The History Channel has an impressive Timeline of American Presidents.

Renee Maufroid has developed another excellent online exercise for English Language Learners.  one is a series of clozes (fill-in-the-gaps) on U.S. Presidents — their speeches and biographies.

Sean Banville has just unveiled a great new site called Lessons On American Presidents. He’s got multiple interactive exercises on every President — all designed for English Language Learners. It will be a huge help for teachers and their students.

Presidents and Slaves: Helping Students Find the Truth is a good lesson plan from The Zinn Education Project.

Disney Online Video Series: “The American Presidents”

Presidential Timeline

The Biography Channel has videos
on most, if not all, of the Presidents.

PBS Releases “The Roosevelts” Lesson Plans With 19 Video Clips

Please feel free to suggest additional sites.

If you’ve found post useful, you might want to consider subscribing to blog for free.

1. Larry,
    Thank you for all your resources. In addition, I’d like to note that the history channel does a great job sharing information about Presidents’ Day – http://www.history.com/topics/holidays/presidents-day
    Kerri
    ime4schools.com

Thank you for putting this list together. Some of the links no longer work, however, and I was wondering if you had more current links? For instance, the Fox News one, the PBS one, and The National Archives one.
    Thank you again!