'New logo - March, Women's History Month Postcard' photo (c) 2012, Jewish Women's Archive - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

March is Women’s History Month in the United States so I thought I’d prepare another “The Best…” list.

I usually have my U.S. History students make a poster about a well-known woman in history as well as a woman who they have known personally and who they admire.

As with all the sites on my lists, they need to be accessible to English Language Learners.

You might also be interested in The Best Resources For Learning About Women’s Suffrage and A Beginning List Of The Best Resources On The Women’s March.

Here are my choices for The Best Sites For Learning About Women’s History, not in order of any preference. Unless I’ve noted otherwise, these sites are all primarily resources for accessible biographies of famous women:

* The Children’s Encyclopedia Of Women

* National Women’s Hall of Fame

* National Women’s History Project

* Scholastic’s Women Who Changed History

* The History Channel’s Women’s History Month site, which also includes a lot of multimedia resources.

* The National Educational Association has many resources for Women’s History Month, including lesson plans.

* Time For Kids Women’s History Month

* The Smithsonian has an online exhibition called Women Of Our Time. It focuses on influential women of the twentieth century.

* Awesome Stories has lots of related resources.

Milpitas Chat shares a number of good online ESL lessons related to Women’s History.

The New York Times has created an interactive of “reader submitted photographs from around the world that illustrate the importance of educating girls and empowering women.”

Women’s History Month Across the Curriculum comes from the New York Times Learning Network.

“A Brief History Of Women In Power” is the title of a TIME Magazine slideshow.

“The 25 Most Powerful Women of the Past Century” is an accessible feature from TIME Magazine.

Here’s a link to Biography Channel Women’s History Month video bios.
Using The New York Times for Teaching and Learning About Women is another excellent resource from The New York Times Learning Network.

16 Of History’s Most Rebellious Women is a slideshow from TIME Magazine.

Women’s History is a great lesson collection from The Zinn Education Project.

Photo Essay: International Women’s Day 2011 comes from PBS.

100 years of scientific breakthroughs – by women is a slideshow from The Guardian.

World’s Most Dangerous Countries for Women is a photo gallery from The Boston Globe.

Women’s History Month.gov has lots of resources.

Women’s rights country by country – interactive is from The Guardian.

I’m unclear where this Gender Inequality Index Around The World gets its information from, but it does seem useful and accessible.

Gender Inequality Index around the world

by Knoema.

From Visually.

39 Stunning Images Of Women At Work All Over The World

Women’s History Month Resources is from the PBS News Hour.

Gender Studies | 25 Teenagers Recommend Readings for Women’s History Month is from The New York Times Learning Network.

Eight Resources for Women’s History Month is from PBS Learning Media.

Women’s History Month 2016 is from ReadWorks.org.

Teaching and Learning About Women’s History With The New York Times is from The New York Times Learning Network.

55 Incredible Photos Of Girls Going To School Around The World is from The Huff Post.

This Is How International Women’s Day Is Being Marked Around The World is from BuzzFeed.

If you found this post useful, you might want to look at previous and also consider subscribing to this blog for free.