'Web 2.0 Landscape' photo (c) 2010, birgerking - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

After reading Kevin Jarrett’s post this morning about an incredible resource of Web 2.0 tools for education, I was inspired to put together a quick “The Best…” list of similar collections.

It’s a relatively short list, and I’m sure there are other sites out there. Please feel free to share them in the comments section.

In order to make it on this list, the criteria was pretty simple — it offers and easily navigable collection of Web 2.0 tools for education in a way accessible to non-tech-savvy teachers.

Here are my picks for The Best Collections Of Web 2.0 Tools For Education:

Ideas To Inspire is the site Kevin wrote about today. It’s an incredible site, and it’s worth reading Kevin’s post to get some background on it.

Web Tools 4 U To Use is a “wiki for school library media specialists to learn about cool new web tools, see how they can be used in school library media programs, and share ideas & success stories.”

Web 2.0: Cool Tools For School

E Tool Box is “is intended as a virtual eToolBox of resources for integrating technology into the classroom. It is chocked-full of resources, how-tos, use in classroom, examples and more.”

Alan Levine at CogDogBlog has developed a nice page of online storytelling resources.  He tells the same story about his dog using many of the tools.  Looking at the many versions really gives you an excellent idea of the differences between the applications.

Digital Research Tools

New Tools Workshop

Perk Up Your Projects With Web 2.0 is a wiki filled with resources and tutorials.

The Connected Classroom

Web 2.0 Resources For 21st Century Instruction

INSITE is a very nice collection of Web 2.0 tools for education. David Eisert, who was kind enough to leave a comment about it, describes it this way:”Students have actually reviewed all of these technologies and created lesson plans to go along with each tool. We are in the process of creating a searchable user interface and allowing outside contributors.”

DE Tools Of The Trade is another good collection of Web 2.0 tools to use in education.

David Kapuler has just put together an extraordinary wiki titled Web 2.0/21st Century Tools Wiki.

Richard Byrne has developed a nice collection of his favorite Web 2.0 tools.

Joyce Valenza and Kristen Swanson have created a “New Tools Guide” highlighting many Web 2.0 applications.

Edublogs has created a site and effort called Teacher Challenge. It has a ton of resources, including tutorials and lesson ideas on using twenty-one (the number is growing) Web 2.0 tools.

Kathy Schrock also maintains an excellent list.

The Three Tech Ninjas have a nice collection of Web 2.0 tools and tutorials.

And, of course, last but not least, I highlight hundreds of what I consider to be the best Web 2.0 tools for schools and how to use them in many of over 200 “The Best…” lists. Scroll down to the Web 2.0 category. You can also see additional links and examples on my website under Examples of Student Work.

As I mentioned earlier in this post, please feel free to contribute additional collections.  I’m sure I’ve missed some excellent ones.

If you found this post useful, you might want to look at all the previous “The Best…” lists and also consider subscribing to this blog for free.