The Best Ways To Make Awards & Certificates Online

It’s getting that time of year when lots of teachers give-out awards and certificates, and thought that another “The Best…” list would be helpful.

Whenever I give out these kinds of awards to my students, in a nod to what Alfie Kohn says about rewards in his book “Punished By Rewards” (though I’m not a total believer in his perspective), I don’t tell them in advance what they awards are for and make sure that everybody gets one. I also think strategically about which students might like getting serious certificates, and which ones would better appreciate funny ones.

All the sites listed here are free to use and have a very easy process to use for creating certificates.  You can also find these links, and many other resources, on my website’s Teacher’s Page.

Here are my picks for The Best Ways To Make Awards & Certificates Online:

Freeology
Smore

Suggestions and feedback, as always, are welcome.

1. How timely is this – I have to create certificates for students who participated in a Media contest as part of the annual student art festival.

This will save me a huge amount of time!
    Thank you, Larry.

2. Things have changed in the world of Certificate Templates since this article. Flash is no longer supported so we are starting to see true HTML 5 designers. This one is my fav

http://www.clevercertificates.com