What Is The Best Tool To Use For An Email Newsletter?

I’ve been sending out a monthly email newsletter to people for a few years — it’s primarily for those who don’t want to received daily updates and just want highlights from my blog posts.

However, now, with hundreds of subscribers, it’s gotten too big and some email services are identifying my email address as a spammer. I guess that’s a common problem for people who try to do something like this, and is one reason why there are a number of services that will handle the distribution of newsletters for you (several also provide nice templates for lay-out as well).

However, I’m not sure which one is best, and thought I’d “put it out there” and see if anybody has had much experience with any of them.

Here are the ones I’m aware of — let me know which you’d recommend, or if you know of others:

Feedblitz, which handles email subscriptions to this blog.

Letterpop

Mashable has a lengthy list of other email newsletter applications.

Let me know what you think!

1. Larry,
    I’ve been having the same problem lately with email filters marking my daily emails sent by FeedBurner as spam. Glad to know that it’s not just me. I’ve heard great things about AWeber, but if you have more than 500 subscribers it costs $30/month.
    Richard

2. Here’s an article that may help you:

http://www.creativetechs.com/iq/our_review_of_4_email_marketing_services.html

We use Constant Contact, but if I were picking one today, I’d probably use Campaign Monitor. I did a free trial, and loved the flexibility.

3. I am having the same trouble with Feedblitz. Particularly when I started writing about social networking I got dropped by a few ISPs. Maybe your foray into talking about Facebook has caused the same problem for your newsletter?