ASCD SmartBrief is on The Best Ways To Keep-Up With Current Education Issues. This very widely-circulated daily newsletter is published by the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), a national organization of educators. It consistently provides thought-provoking articles from around the country.

You can see a regularly updated list of its “most-clicked-on” stories here.

Teacher Magazine Update and EdWeek Update are also on the same “The Best…” list.  Though they don’t have specific pages highlighting their most popular stories, you can go to the Teacher Magazine main page and the Education Week main page and see a regularly updated “Most Popular Stories” box near the bottom of each.

As I’ve explained in earlier pieces, I periodically post “most popular” lists of websites that I think educators might find useful. Of course, there are a number of ways to gauge “popularity.” I just view these lists as opportunities to check-out some new sites, and find it interesting to see which ones might be particularly “popular.”

It may not not entirely accurate to describe top stories from ASCD, Teacher Magazine, and EdWeek as the “most popular education articles on the Web.”  However, all three are very popular, at least in the United States.