'Fall leaves-2' photo (c) 2009, Gary Lerude - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

Learning the names of the seasons is one of the first vocabulary terms that Beginning English Language Learners typically learn. Images from the fall are always great ones to use to help teach about the season, and I thought I’d share a few links to some great ones.

Fall images are also great opportunities for learning descriptive words, and geography, and, as an eCard site I share in this lists shows, can be used for writing practice, too.

Here are my choices for The Best Sites For Images Of Fall Foliage (& For Teaching About The Season):

Autumn Scenes is a great series of photos from The Boston Globe’s The Big Picture.

Hidden Stashes of Fall Foliage is a slideshow from The New York Times..

In addition to images specifically of the fall, here are some good links to activities designed for ELL’s to learn about all the seasons:

“Fall Is In The Air” is the title of a series of photos at the Boston Globe’s Big Picture blog.

Autumn 2012: Celebration of the season is a photo gallery from The Boston Globe.

Fall Is In The Air is a photo gallery from The Atlantic.

Autumn is gorgeous the world over is a great photo gallery from The Week.

10 Idioms Linked To The Vocabulary of Autumn is from The World Is Your Oyster.

Photo Break: America Puts On Its Fall Colors is from NPR.

Fall Foliage Prediction Map

Fantastic fall foliage is from The Washington Post.

As always, feedback and suggestions are always welcome.