The Best Online Resources For Teaching & Learning About World War II (Part One)

This “The Best…” list is a bit different from other ones.

I’ve already created a bunch of lists related to World War II, and I compiled extensive online lessons for my U.S. History class last year. So, in this “Part One” post, I will primarily be sharing links to those links and lessons.

Sometime in the future I’ll be more carefully reviewing all those lists and coming up with a much shorter one that just shares “The Best Of The Best” drawn from this larger collection.

Of course, another criteria is that the resources have to be accessible to English Language Learners.

So, with that explanation, here are my choices for The Best Online Resources For Teaching & Learning About World War II (Part One):

Before I share links to all of my related lists, I do want to include a link to a great multimedia interactive timeline for World War Two that the British newspaper The Guardian published today. Seeing it was what gave me the idea of putting together this post.

Here are links to the three lessons related to World War II that I used in class. Each lessons contains numerous resources. All the resources are accessible except for the ones connecting to Brainpop movies. You need a paid subscription to view them (you can also get a free trial):

World War Two Begins

Internment Of Japanese-Americans

The End Of World War II

Here are links to additional “The Best…” lists, all which contain multiple resources:

The Best Sites For Learning About Pearl Harbor

The Best Sites For Learning About The Holocaust

The Best Resources For Learning About The Warsaw Uprising

The Best Resources For Learning About The Atomic Bombings Of Japan

The Best Sites For Learning About The War In The Pacific

The Best Sites To Learn About Anne Frank

The Best Online Resources For Teaching & Learning About World War II (Part Two)

U.S. official cites misconduct in Japanese American internment cases is a fascinating article in The Los Angeles Times discussing how the present United States Solicitor General is apologizing for the misconduct of one of his predecessors for his role in defending Japanese-American internment camps during World War II. During the war, he chose not to reveal a government study concluding that Japanese-Americans were not a risk to U.S. security.

World War II: Internment of Japanese Americans is a photo gallery from The Atlantic.

Feedback, as always, is welcome.

If you found this post useful, you might want to look at the 350 other “The Best…” lists and consider subscribing to this blog for free.

1. Pingback: The Best Online Resources For Teaching & Learning About World War … | OnLearn

2. Pingback: November 20, 2009 Links | Footnotes of a Retired "Teckie Teacher"