'INFOGRAPHIC - Mortality Statistics' photo (c) 2011, Kirie Mukai - license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

Interactive Infographics are online representations of information or data that usually allow the user to “interact” with it and the data that is visualized.  They’re generally created by newspapers for their websites, and often, though not always, are accessible to English Language Learners.   In fact,  they can be an exceptionally accessible way for ELL’s to learn complicated information that might ordinarily not be comprehensible.

I’ve posted about quite a few interactive infographics over the past three years. And I’ve posted A Collection Of “The Best…” Lists On Infographics.

I thought readers might find it useful to learn which sites I have found to be the best sources of good interactive infographics. In addition to listing them here, I’ll be adding a section on them to the Teacher’s Page of my website.

The links on this list will take you directly to the Interactive Infographics page of the named newspapers.

Here are my picks for The Best Sources For Interactive Infographics:

The New York Times

The Denver Post

USA Today

The Guardian

Star Tribune

I’ve previously posted about many interactives and infographics from the BBC. Recently, I discovered that they have two pages where they collect them. You can visit their Interactive and Graphics page, which appears to be regularly updated. Their other site is called Interactive guides and graphics, and does not appear to be updated as frequently.

The Jet Propulsion Laboratory of NASA has a site called JPL Infographics where you can find a bunch of great…infographics. But what’s even better is that it’s set up for people to create their own, too.

Visual.ly is an excellent source for interactive infographics. Perhaps they’ve had this option for awhile, but I’ve just noticed that they now have an option under each infographic on their site that says:

Click here to embed this graphic on your site

Click on it and you are provided the embed code. It’s a nice addition.

Infogr.am, a good tool for easily making infographics that is on The Best Web 2.0 Applications For Education In 2012 — So Far list, has announced that they’ve begun a feature on their site where they’re highlighting the best ones.

Information Is Beautiful, creators of many infographics that I’ve in this blog, has announced that voting is open for the Beautiful Awards Community Award. It’s a treasure trove!

Here’s a collection of ALL NY Times and Guardian infographics.

The National Post has a great collection of infographics.

BBC’s “Future” segment has created one page where they collect all their infographics.

30 amazing data viz galleries everyone should follow is an insanely rich source of useful infographics.

Al Jazeera has a nice collection of interactive infographics.

“Quartz” Creates Search Engine For Charts & Lets You Create Your Own

Visualoop has a nice gallery of infographics.

Information Is Beautiful has just announced their 2015 amazing collection of infographics that are being considered for awards. You can see all of them here at the Showcase and read their announcement here.

Esri has a regularly updated gallery of interactive maps. They also have a Maps We Love page.

Explore winners of the 25th Malofiej International Infographics Awards

Information is Beautiful

Projects from The Wall Street Journal’s Graphics Team

Esri Story Map Collection

Infographics from The South China Post

The U.S. Census has a great collection of Infographics & Visualizations.

The Pudding has an impressive collection of cool infographics.

Radio Free Europe has a nice infographic collection.

Additional suggestions are always welcome.