Looking For Movie/TV Scenes Showing People Taking Personal Responsibility

Last month I wrote a post titled Creating A Lesson On “Blaming Others” & Need Your Help. I’ve appreciated all the feedback I’ve received, and am now preparing the lesson. I think it should be pretty good. On the other hand, I also think it has the potential of being a “bust.” We’ll see.

For part of that lesson, I’m now trying to identify good, short scenes from the movies or television of characters taking personal responsibility for their actions and mistakes — real life clips from the news are even better. If you have some suggestions, please leave them in the comments section of this post.

Of course, I’ll be posting the lesson plan and a description of how it went here.

What about taking responsibility for the actions of others?

Here’s a scene from the end of the third series of the revamped Doctor Who The Doctor is prepared to take responsibility for The Master’s actions (basically enslaving the human race) Here is the episode summary:

It might not quite fit the theme of blaming others, but perhaps it could be interesting.

All the best

2. The first movie that came to mind was Mr. Holland’s Opus, but I can’t remember a specific scene…

3. I immediately thought of old Episodes of The Cosby Show. Two great movies include Radio and Pay it Forward. Both have great scenes showing responsibility.

4. Here’s a clip from Regarding Henry
    Henry Makes Amends (clip notes bottom left):

5. I don’t know of a movie per se, but I have an article about this at and a YouTube clip embedded in the article about Responsibility.