The Best Online Collections Of PowerPoints For Teachers

PowerPoint presentations have certainly be abused in many contexts, and the classroom has been one of them. I really don’t use them much in my own teaching.

However, sometimes I’ve been able to find a good PowerPoint presentation that has already been created by another teacher; that’s related to a topic I’m teaching; and that’s accessible to an English Language Learner. I’ll sometimes then put a link to the presentation on one of our class blogs or my website for students to access.

I thought it might be useful to put together a “The Best…” list sharing sources of decent PowerPoint presentations that are free to use and are accessible to English Language Learners. All these sites cover most of the content areas.

Here are my picks for The Best Online Collections of PowerPoints For Teachers (Pete’s PowerPoint Station is clearly my number one pick, but the rest are not in any order of preference):

Pete’s PowerPoint Station

World of Teaching

Jefferson County Schools

Nebo School District

Graves School District

Primary Resources

Here’s a list of 7 Search Engines for PowerPoint Presentations. I wasn’t too impressed with any of them, but if you can’t find what you’re looking for in any of the sites I listed in this post, you might want to try them out.

As always, feedback is welcome.

1. This is another of your great efforts. Thanks!

2. Larry, thanks for compiling such a great list. A true time saver for all of us who always need to do more with less time. I do agree that Pete’s is my favorite too.

James Todd
    Publisher: BuildMySiteforFree.com

3. I cut and paste suggested web sites into my email and pass them on to my teachers. You are a great resource.

4. Thank you very much for helping us to best teach our bilingual students.You have found great resources for us!
    Clara

5. Pingback: ‘The Best Online Collections Of PowerPoints For Teachers’ by Larry Ferlazzo | English Teaching Daily