“Gotta’ Keep Reading” Is A Not-To-Be-Missed Video

You’re probably familiar with Oprah Winfrey’s “Kick-Off” Flash Mob Dance with 21,000 people dancing to the Black Eyed Peas song “Tonight’s Going to Be a Good Night.” You can see that video here.

Well, a middle school in Florida has done a delightful version of that mob dance — only this time they’ve changed the lyrics to reflect “Gotta’ Keep Reading.” If you haven’t seen it already, it’s not-to-be-missed.

You can read the story of the video (and Oprah’s reaction to it), as well as see the YouTube version here.

I like it so much that I wanted to make sure it would be accessible at school, so I’ve been trying to upload it to Edublogs.TV, which is not-blocked by many content filters. However, I’m having some problems with doing that, and will try again tomorrow.

I learned about this from the Pebble Creek Labs blog, which is one more reason why I recommend people subscribe to i

1. Larry,

thanks for bringing this to my attention. Great video.

We have another student made version of this song – on EFL Classroom. The teacher had her students draw pictures to contextualize the words/meaning. Easily my fav. this year…..

thx,

David
    http://eflclassroom.com

2. I love them both!
    Whether they enjoy reading or not, the video looked great fun to make.
    Talented lyrics writers too.
    Thanks for the links, again.

3. Larry-
    Love this video . It is also on Schooltube. Hopefully that is not blocked at your school.