I thought readers might find it interesting to hear about some things I’ll be doing (or will be happening in my professional life) during the rest of 2010…

* My second book, English Language Learners: Teaching Strategies That Work, will be published in April by Linworth Publishing.

* I’ll be finishing the manuscript for my third book — geared to all teachers and focusing on classroom management and instructional strategies — by the end of the summer. It will be published by Eye On Education in early 2011. I might reduce the number of posts I write here during a short amount of time while I concentrate on meeting that deadline during the summer months.

* In an act of insanity, I’ll be starting to write my fourth book — on teaching writing to English Language Learners — this fall.

* I’ll be teaching Beginning English Language Learners during summer school.

* It looks like in the fall, instead of my usual Intermediate English class, I might go back to teaching Beginning ELL’s again. In addition, I’ll have my usual mainstream ninth-grade English class and my International Baccalaureate Theory of Knowledge class. And I thought I had quite a mix this school year!

* Our school district is going through some major changes, and I might have some relatively minor role in a few of them. I’ll let readers know when all the dust settles in this area.

I’ll keep people posted on all these developments….