Now that my students are getting more comfortable making online slideshows, they’re also getting more interested in including music (and sound effects) into their creations.

Some of the online slideshow sites listed in The Best Ways To Create Online Slideshows already have music that can easily be incorporated into user-created slideshows, but with others you have to upload your own.

However, I’m also looking for the easiest and most accessible sites that can be used by an English Language Learner or anyone who is not particularly tech-savvy.

I don’t really give details about the sites I’m listing here because they’re all very similar — the music and sounds here are royalty-free and it’s just an easy matter of searching and downloading them.  Of course, credit should be given to the source when they’re used in online projects. I’ve also tried avoiding sites that have obvious content not appropriate for classroom use, but something might have slipped by me.

Here are my choices for The Best Places To Get Royalty-Free Music & Sound Effects:

MUSIC:

Free Loops

Open Music Archive

Jamendo

iBeat

incompetech

Purple Planet

Classic Cat

Musopen is the latest addition to this list.  It describes itself this way:

“Musopen is an online music library of copyright free (public domain) music… Put simply, our mission is to set music free.”

Public Domain 4 U has music available for download from before 1922 that is now in the public domain.

Bloomy lets you use Artificial Intelligence to create your own original music that you can use for free.  You need an invite, but I got one shortly after signing-up.

SoundDraw lets you create your own music.

SOUND EFFECTS:

Soundsnap

Soungle

Free Sound Project

Sound Jay

Find Sounds is great. They don’t guarantee, though, that all their sounds are copyright free.

I’m adding Sound Bible to this list.  You can read a post at Free Tech For Teachers to learn about this excellent resource.

freeSFX

Free Music Directory comes from Socialbrite, and lists a number of sources of royalty-free…music.

YouTube Launches Free Audio Library With 150 Royalty-Free Tracks is a TechCrunch post about a definitely useful new resource at YouTube.

You might also be interested in these other “The Best…” lists:

The Best Music Websites For Learning English
The Best Online Sites For Creating Music
The Best Online Sources For Images

I’m also adding a direct link to Darren Draper’s excellent post (including additional resources) called The Educator’s Guide To The Creative Commons.

Richard Byrne writes about Free Play Music, a useful resource for education-related projects.

“Jukedeck” Is A Super-Simple Way To Create Royalty-Free Music For Online Projects

New Big Collection Of Free Music To Use With Facebook & Instagram Videos

ZapSplat – Thousands of Free Sound Effects is a post from Richard Byrne.

Richard Byrne writes, “Pixabay hosts public domain videos that you can download for free.”

The BBC just made 16,000 sound effects downloadable and usable. You can read more about it at Open Culture.

Fugue is a source of free music for videos.

ZapSplat offers Free sound effects & royalty free music.

Evoke Music lets Artificial Intelligence create free music for you to use.

Unminus provides free music to be used in projects.

You can get free music to use in videos at YouTube’s audio library.

My Two Go-to Places for Free Sound Effects and Music is from Richard Byrne.

You can get free music to use in presentations at Uppbeat.

Nozier One has sound effects.

Use Stock Music to create royalty free music with AI.

Sampid offers royalty-free music.

As always, feedback is welcome.