The Best Sites That Show Statistics By Reducing The World & The U.S. To 100 People

Reducing statistics to “if _________ were 100 people, then __________” can make them very accessible, engaging, and thought-provoking.

For example, there’s the well-known “If Twitter Was 100 People” infographic.

There are also several sites that use “gimmick” to illustrate much more important data about the world around us. I thought they might make a useful “The Best…” list for English Language Learners and others.

Here are my choices for The Best Sites That Show Statistics By Reducing The World & The U.S. To 100 People:

Miniature Earth is a pretty amazing site. It’s slideshow that uses statistics to reduce the world to 100 inhabitants, and shows how that plays out demographically, who uses what resources, etc. They periodically update the statistics.

USA has an article  about a book and school curriculum that portrays the United States as one hundred people. I especially like the graphic that accompanies the article that illustrates that concept.

100 People: A World Chart is also accessible.

The World of 100 is a series of infographics highlighting various statistics.

Here’s a site that uses Lego-like imagery to reduce the world to 100 people in different categories — weird, but, I think, effective.

“If The World Were A Village Of 100 People” is a good infographic.

If The World Were … An Infographic is from The ASIDE blog.

If the World were Represented by 100 people this is What it Would Look Like is a collection of infographics.

A world in miniature

Browse more infographics.

The Miniature Earth
Explore more infographics like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually.

Suggestions are welcome.

If you found post useful, you might want to consider subscribing to blog for free.

You might also want to explore the 450 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.

1. Wonderful to get updates on these, Larry. I love the variety of presentations, too- thanks : )

2. Excellent round-up!