The Best “When I Say Jump” Online Sites For Practicing English

Unfortunately, most of the sites that were originally on this list have gone off-line. However, the ones that are left are still useful.

'150748_567847103247265_1114456480_n' photo (c) 2013, RikkisRefuge Other - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I know this “The Best…” list has a strange title, but I couldn’t think of any other way to describe sites that let you write or speak commands and then have the figures on the screen follow them. They’re excellent — and fun– ways for English Language Learners to practice their English.

Here are my choices for The Best “When I Say Jump” Online Sites For Practicing English:

At I Do Dog Tricks you can give commands to a cute little dog.

Minion Dominion is a brand new site designed to publicize an NBC TV show. It lets you command two weird-looking creatures to do things. It’s different from the other three I’ve mentioned since it lets you give voice commands through a microphone, as well as writing them.

“A Hunter Shoots A Bear!” is a great interactive YouTube video where you direct the action:

Additional suggestions are welcome.

If you found this post useful, you might want to look at the 460 other “The Best…” lists and consider subscribing to this blog for free.

1. Pingback: 18th Blog Carnival – a real “Carnival”! | EFL Classroom 2.0 - Teacher Talk