“Bloom’s Taxonomy Book Review Questions”

I’ve written about the independent book discussion groups that my students organize in the second semesters of my English classes (see “Book Discussion Group Guidelines”).

I’ve found a list on the Web titled Bloom’s Taxonomy Book Review Questions. To tell you the truth, the questions aren’t the greatest, but the idea of giving students a list of questions related to Bloom’s and giving them their choice of which ones they discuss is a good one. I’m going to revise this list, but also wanted to know if anybody knew of better ones already out there that are specifically related to books.

If you do, please leave a comment.

UPDATE: I’ve just discovered another useful list called “Investigate A Book” by K.Torrisi. It combines Bloom’s, Gardners Multiple Intelligences and De Bono’s Six Hats to list potential book assignments for students. Here’s a link to a downloadable Word document. You can also find it on Scribd.

I’m adding this information to my original Book Discussion Group Guidelines post which, in turn, is on My Best Posts On Books: Why They’re Important & How To Help Students Select, Read, Write & Discuss Them.

1. I might consider these questions as the starting point. Orient students to the different levels of Blooms, using this current list to identify keywords that illustrate a level, then challenge the students to write their own questions. Students will be required to explain the connection to Blooms.

2. I am a big fan of Bloom’s Digital Taxonomy by Andrew Churches. Check out his wiki for lots of good ideas for how to implement projects according to an updated version of the taxonomy – students today might relate to it better (as far as projects they can produce).