“Teacher Eyes On The Wrong Prize?”

“Teacher Eyes On The Wrong Prize?” is the headline on my newest column in Teacher Magazine.

It’s a revision of a couple of posts I’ve written previously about a recent classroom experience, and the lessons it might hold for me and for others.

1. I love the way you approached the sleepy students in a rational way and encouraged them to take control and take responsibility by thinking about the other options available to them.

In November, Houston is hosting the BigTent Conference, a first-of-its-kind national positive youth development conference bringing together almost every major education voice and think tank in the country – Search Institute, 4H, Boys & Girls Clubs, America’s Promise and more.

The BigTent is a safe environment to learn, grow and make a plan to support kids in the areas you’re writing about and so much more.

I wanted to invite you to attend: http://www.BigTentConference.com. The conference is Nov. 18-20, 2010 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston.