A Collection Of The Best “Laugh While You Cry” Videos — Contribute More!

Valerie Strauss at The Washington Post today published another great animation illustrating some of the bizarre situations teachers can find themselves in when the latest school reform fads and “lingo” get embraced by some adminstrators. I thought it would be useful to collect that one, and the others I’ve published, into one place, and add more in the future.

I hope others will contribution new ones, too.

Here are The Best “Laugh While You Cry” Videos (if you are reading this on an RSS Reader, you might have to go directly to the post to see them all):

This is the video Valerie shared today. It’s on “differentiation” (note that this one includes a “colorful” or inappropriate word at the end):

Here’s the first one on “collaborative planning”:

This one is also on collaboration:

Here’s one called “Focus Walk”

Dan Brown created this imagined interview with Cathie Black, the newly nominated Chancellor of New York Schools. Some of her quotes are real:

Eduflack is the pen name of Patrick Riccards, who provides genuinely thoughtful commentary on education issues. He created this hilarious video, and describes it like this:

I Wanna Be offers a tongue-in-cheek look at some of those “experts” in the education space, and what happens when someone wakes up one morning thinking they should opine on education policy and practice.

“The Daily Show” with Diane Ravitch was a classic. Jon Stewart opened with what was probably the most insightful, funny, and effective response I have seen to on-going teacher-bashing. If these two videos don’t make you “laugh while you cry,” then I don’t know what will…

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c
Crisis in the Dairyland – For Richer and Poorer
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full Episodes Political Humor & Satire Blog The Daily Show on Facebook

This is a hilarious video using the often-used Hitler video clip to comment on school testing. Thanks to Bill Ferriter for finding it.

Donalyn Miller, The Book Whisperer, shared this video from Kathy Collins of Choice Literacy:

Thanks to Valerie Strauss, I learned about Stephen Colbert’s recent report on what’s happening in Arizona:

Here’s a great video animation created by Scott McLeod where he imagines a conversation between a policy maker and an educator about “teacher accountability.”

Additional contributions are welcome!

You might also want to explore the nearly 500 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.