The Best Applications For Creating Free Email Newsletters

I send-out a free monthly newsletter for people who just want to get my choices for the best posts of each month. I hadn’t really thought much about the value of monthly newsletters until I read an interesting post today in TechCrunch about a new super-simple application that lets you create email newsletters called TinyLetter. Here’s an excerpt describing the advantages of an email newsletter:

… if you don’t blog daily, you won’t build an audience, but email newsletters can be sent out weekly and have a built in audience. And people check their email everyday. And people can reply to emails…

That all makes sense to me.

So, given that, I thought I’d write a short “The Best…” list sharing some easy and free ways to create your own email newsletter.

Here are my choices for The Best Applications For Creating Free Email Newsletters:

I use Feedblitz for my own monthly newsletter.

There’s the app I wrote about at the beginning of this post call TinyLetter.

Letterpop

Nourish is a ” free newsletter service that allows you to convert any RSS feed into an automated email newsletter your readers can subscribe to.”

MailChimp

If those aren’t enough choices, Mashable has a lengthy list (though it’s three years old and probably has quite a few outdated links) of other email newsletter applications.

FlashIssue is a new free tool that lets you easily create email newsletters. Here’s a video about it:

Feedback is welcome.

If you found this post useful, you might want to look at the 500 other “The Best…” lists and consider subscribing to this blog for free

1. FlashIssue is great, it’s like storify for email!

2. Yeah, tinyletter is good. I have used Blastermate.com as well and it seems pretty good, especially on mobile.

3. Pingback: “Is it okay to use your manuscript as a lap desk?” and other burning questions on what to do with your manuscript | Amanda White Writes

4. Hi,
    Do you know of any sites that can make a email version of the newsletter and also print a hard copy?

5. Everyone here is working too hard. I want to tell your about a service called eSimply.com. Using eSimply.com, you can launch an entire email broadcast in under one minute. eSimply.com allows sending email broadcasts directly from a high resolution PDF file. If you cant output a PDF, eSimply also accepts Microsoft Word .DOC and .DOCX files. Your emails will display perfectly in your clients native email programs. You do not need to waste time messing with html, inline css, and all the problems with templates. eSimply.com also creates a text version and converts the annotation layers to hyperlinks. I highly recommend everyone check it out.

Scott
    Houston, TX