I have previously posted about the incredible zealotry and arrogance that Michelle Rhee and many other school reformers have shown in portraying their beliefs as being the only legitimate ones for people truly concerned about children (see The Gracelessness Of Michelle Rhee; Just What Our Schools Need — A Second Appalling Manifesto; and/or What A Terrible Video About Parents & Schools With A Terrible Message).

Today, in Newsweek (she was also on Oprah, but I didn’t see it — I assume she communicated a similar message) she upped that arrogance level to new heights. Not only did she portray her new organization as the one true one to “defend and promote the interests of children,” she also did not stop at attacking teacher unions as the primary obstacle to change. No, now she’s also attacking school boards,too:

“…school boards… are beholden to special interests [and] have created a bureaucracy that is focused on the adults instead of the students. Go to any public-school-board meeting in the country and you’ll rarely hear the words “children,” “students,” or “kids” uttered. Instead, the focus remains on what jobs, contracts, and departments are getting which cuts, additions, or changes. The rationale for the decisions mostly rests on which grown-ups will be affected, instead of what will benefit or harm children.”

I don’t know about you, but in my experience the vast majority of  school board members are committed to making schools the best place they can be for children and spend countless volunteer hours focusing on…children.

Rhee’s list of people  she thinks are  most concerned about the needs of children is getting smaller and smaller…