1. This got off to a stat that made sense, and then I got lost. Part of the problem, I know comes from the following:

What the heck is a “Community Organizer? Seriously. I’ve wondered at least since the President started proffering his credentials.

So, I’ve worked a lot around the community. This morn I was working on a grant app for “Community Park”. As a boy I worked to build “Community Pool”, and as a teen maintaining it was a paid job.

I’ve either drank or ate with almost every community leader around…school superintendents, county commissioners, Health Commissioners, Mayors, Sheriffs, Judges, toddler support agencies, Juvenile Probation officers, Senior center staff, county and village engineers, Planning Departments, Big Brothers, Coats for Kids, YMCA VP’s, Social Services directors….

I’ve had meetings at Community Mental Health. And I’ve even heard from the local Faith Communities….

But never have I ever met someone who called themselves a “Community Organizer”. What IS this job, and what do they do?

2. Thought you might like to know: Today’s Accomplished Teacher (the SmartBrief of news articles put together on behalf of the NBCT) links to your article. Great article, as always.