Yesterday, I posted The Ten Best Videos For Educators — 2010.

Today, I’d like to share “Part Two,” which includes videos that didn’t quite “make the cut,” but which I think readers will find useful, anyway. In addition, this list includes some clips that weren’t actually produced in 2010, but which I learned about this year.

Here are my choices for Part Two Of The Best Videos For Educators — 2010:

Ellen Galinsky has created a great new video titled “Focus And Self Control” on the famous “marshmallow” test. You can read how I have used this in classroom at my previous post, “I Like This Lesson Because It Make Me Have a Longer Temper” (Part One).

There are two things that make this video stand-out (it’s a nice compliment to the one I’ve used in the past). One, it shows Dr. Walter Mischel, the originator of the experiment, actually saying what the long-term implications of the test might be. Since students read about him in the lesson, it will have a double impact. Secondly, the video shows a fun “reverse Simon Sez” activity designed to help children develop self-control skills. It’s obviously designed for small children, but I’m sure even high school students would enjoy doing it for a few minutes after they see the video.

The only existing moving images of Anne Frank were discovered this year. It’s only a few seconds but, if you’re studying her in class, just showing that she was truly a living and breathing person can have an impact on students.

Here’s how Mashable describes it: At the 9 second mark in the clip, you can see Anne Frank leaning out of a second-story window as she watches a bride and groom exit a neighboring address. The Guardian reports that the scene dates back to July 22, 1941 and was provided to the museum by the couple in the 1990s.

Nature By The Numbers is an incredible video “inspired on numbers, geometry and nature”:

This year, I watched the movie “Dangerous Minds” (I might have been one of the few teachers out there who hadn’t seen it earlier). It’s an engaging movie, but it’s one in a long line of nauseatingly paternalistic hero teacher films out there. However, it does have a great two minute clip of a teacher home visit that shows the importance of telling parents positive news about their children:

Volkswagen sponsors a site that shows videos designed to encourage people to do activities that promote social good by making them fun — an idea that all of us teachers might want to keep in mind. You can see all of them at The Fun Theory, and here’s the one that started it off:

Will Richardson highlighted this short clip from the movie “Apollo 13.” You couldn’t find a better one that would show what problem-based learning was all about:

I suspect many people saw “Famous Failures” before I did this year, and it’s a good one:

And everybody has got to see Hans Rosling’s 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes:

As a bonus, two years ago Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach wrote an excellent post including this extraordinary video on John Dewey and progressive education:

Additional contributions are welcome!

You might also want to explore the nearly 600 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.