The Best Resources For “Bill Of Rights Day”

'Bill of Rights, 09/25/1789' photo (c) 1789, The U.S. National Archives - license: http://www.flickr.com/commons/usage/

In 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt declared December 15 to be Bill of Rights Day, and it continues to be recognized. Obviously, this year I’m a little “late to the party.” I had bookmarked all the links I prior to that date, but just didn’t have it in me to write a post earlier. At least it will be available for next year :)

You might also be interested in The Best Sites For Learning About The Constitution Of The United States.

Here are my choices for The Best Resources For “Bill Of Rights Day”:

EL Civics has a Bill of Rights Lesson designed for English Language Learners.

You can find links, lesson plans, and downloadable materials I developed for teaching the Bill of Rights to my United States History ELL class here.

Life Without The Bill of Rights is another online exercise.

Bill of Rights Match Game

The Bill of Rights Game comes from the Annenberg Foundation.

The Bill of Rights Institute also has a number of teacher resources.

Your Bill of Rights is an impressive feature from TIME Magazine.

“Constitute” Is A New “Must-Use” Site For Any Social Studies Teacher

Excellent Infographic On The UN Universal Declaration Of Human Rights

Records of Rights is a new interactive site from the National Archives. It highlights First Amendment rights, Native American rights, workplace rights, equal rights, rights to privacy and sexuality, and more.

Infographic: Universal Declaration Of Human Rights

Brought to you by the online international development masters program at American University

Nice Bill Of Rights Lesson From NY Times Learning Network

I’d certainly be interested in hearing other suggestions, so please feel free to leave them in the comments section.

Thanks for featuring our resources on your website! We were thrilled to see our name in one of your posts. Did you end up using any of our materials in your classes?

Thanks again!
    Lisa

2. Pingback: 2010 Nostalgia and the Wonderful World of Technology in Teaching | Education Link Roundup | A More Perfect Blog