The Best Sites For Learning That Money Does Matter For Schools

I am astounded when I read, as I did this morning in Sacramento Bee’s coverage of our state’s huge budget gap, these kinds of quotes:

Jon Coupal, president of the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association, questioned the focus on funding levels.

“California needs to get more education bang for the buck, it doesn’t need more dollars into education,” he said.

I thought I’d pull together a very short list of articles that could refute this type of thinking, and am interested in hearing other suggestions, too.

Here is my short list of The Best Sites For Learning That Money Does Matter For Schools:

Does Money Matter in School Reform? by Walt Gardner at Education Week

If money doesn’t matter… at School Finance 101

When schools have money…, also at School Finance 101

The relationship between education spending and test scores is an important piece.

More Flunkin’ out from Flunkout Nation (and junk graph of the week!) is from School Finance 101.

Inexcusable Inequalities! This is NOT the post funding equity era! is from School Finance 101.

Time to Throw Money at the Problem is by David B. Cohen.

The Albert Shanker Institute has released a report titled “Does Money Matter In Education?” You can read an accompanying blog post about it here, and a commentary in The Washington Post here

In Public Education, Edge Still Goes to Rich is from The New York Times.

Chart: “Most States Have Cut K-12 Per Student Funding Since 2008″

Additional suggestions are always welcome.

You might also want to explore the nearly 600 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.