The education blogosphere, and parts of the education media, have been abuzz the past couple of days over the discovery that Michelle Rhee’s often-claimed astronomical student test gains when she was a teacher were not true. This, of course, does not mean that Rhee was not a good teacher — for all I know, she was an excellent one (though I have to admit her admission that she taped the mouths shut of her students one day does give one pause).

It can mean, however, a number of other things. And here are my choices for The Best Posts About Michelle Rhee’s Exaggerated Test Scores, which provide some insightful commentary.

I think that the most thoughtful and best piece is by Alexander Russo, Rhee: Reformer’s Growing Credibility Problem.

Michelle Rhee’s early test scores challenged was written by Jay Mathews at the Washington Post.

Jay Mathews’ Lazy Swipe at Michelle Rhee by Rick Hess at Education Week is less noteworthy for Hess’ post than for the comments on it, including one from Mathews.

In the same category is the post up at Rhee’s website — the comments are fascinating.

G.F. Brandenburg’s examination of the data started it all, and he wrote a follow-up.

‘Reformers’ Playing Games With the Truth is written by John Thompson.

And Valerie Strauss at The Washington Post has also written about it.

Rhee faces renewed scrutiny over depiction of students’ progress when she taught is from the Washington Post.

Jay Mathews has an update on how the information was discovered, and links to more support that the new evidence accurate.

Additions are welcome.

You might also want to explore the over 600 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.