Readers of this blog are familiar with the op-ed piece that Bill Gates wrote for the Washington Post this week where he said class size should be increased that teachers haven’t gotten any better over the years (unlike other professions). Believe me, those are just the tip of the iceberg. He also made a similar presentation to a meeting of U.S. Governors this week.

There have been a number of excellent responses to Gates over the past twenty-four hours from….educators.

Here are my choices for The Best Posts Responding To Bill Gates’ Appallingly Clueless Op-Ed Piece:

Though I wouldn’t say mine are the best of the bunch, you might want to check out The Arrogance Of Bill Gates — Part Three and A Perfect Cartoon For Bill Gates.

Who Elected Bill Gates? is from Gary Stager.

Smart Guy (Gates) makes my list of “Dumbest Stuff I’ve Ever Read!” is from School Finance 101.

Can We Improve Education By Increasing Class Size? comes from GOOD.

An Open Letter to Bill Gates: Higher Class Sizes will Drive Teachers Out by Anthony Cody at Ed Week.

Expert Witness comes from Nancy Flanagan at Ed Week.

A partial response to Bill Gates’ op ed about teachers is by Ken Bernstein.

The Bill Gates problem in school reform is by Paul Thomas.

The Increasingly Strange Logic of Bill Gates is by Justin Baeder at Ed Week.

Richard Rothstein has written a great piece titled Fact-Challenged Policy.

Here’s a great column from The Seattle Times pointing out that small class sizes were important to Bill Gates when he went to school, and are an important reason why he sends his kids to the school they attend.

Fact-Challenged Policy is by Richard Rothstein, and is a longer version of a previous piece of his I’ve shared.

Wealthy Amateur Advises Decision-makers about Class Size is by Larry Cuban.

Larry Cuban has written a very important post titled Teacher Resistance and Reform Failure (the title of my post is a quote from it). He makes a number of key points refuting charges that some school reformer make about many of us being “defenders of the status quo.” In addition, because he points out how teachers have indeed changed their pedagogy over the years, it’s a good response to Bill Gates’ charge that teaching hasn’t changed in a hundred years. Because of that, I’m adding it here.

Additional suggestions are welcome.

You might also want to explore the over 600 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.