The Best (& Easiest) Ways To Record Online Video Interviews

I’ve been thinking about doing online video interviews — for this blog, and also in the classroom. For either one, it would be important to be able to record them. Obviously, Skype (learn about Skype In The Classroom here) is an obvious choice. However, it appears that the only way to record Skype calls is through a separate software that would need to be downloaded, and that might be problematic for schools.

So, I started exploring other options, and I didn’t come up with that many. I hope others will offer additional suggestions and/or suggest a super-easy way to record Skype calls.

Here are my choices for The Best (& Easiest) Ways To Record Online Video Interviews:

VYou lets you record an introductory video, and then people can leave you text questions which you can then answer via video — that’s why they call it “conversational video.”

Intervue is a brand-new site that lets you post questions for people to answer.

It’s not a particularly strong list.

Feedback is welcome.

1. Larry,

Yes, Wetoku is the real thing and a great idea. Great to mention it.

I’ve dabbled in this area (even to the point where I can say I know a lot more about it than a “teacher” should!) and about 2 years ago when it first started contacted them and was surprised their office was just down the road from me in Seoul!

You’ve got me thinking to revive my ELT Interviews site…. http://eltinterviews.com Like a lot I do, I just “go for it” and if it doesn’t go, it doesn’t…. that’s the beauty of the web. Got to make me a post about ELT Interviews!

David

2. Hi Larry, I’m sorry to have to let you know that today when I tried to go to WeToku.com the following image appeared https://picasaweb.google.com/114662375026132331794/WeToku?authuser=0&feat=directlink

It was my first option but now I’ll have to check the others in the list.
    Thanks for your wonderful blog, I always feel guilty that you do so much for us teachers around the world and we can do little to repay you, well, here’s my small contribution.
    regards,
    Enzo