Webby Awards Now Open For Voting — Here Are Two Good Sites

The People Choice Webby Awards are now open for voting. I am either more aware of what’s out there than I have been in earlier years, or there are just fewer sites on this year’s list that are useful in the classroom. Here are three that I found:

A Simple Switch seems to be a good personal carbon calculator. I’m adding it to The Best Online Carbon Calculators.

It appears that the Exploratorium appears to have revamped all their interactives into an Explore page. It’ll certainly be on this year’s list of best science sites of the year.

1. I was going through the Webby nominations today and the Exploratorium was fantastic. I think Math teachers would really like the Geometry Playground. Under links and resources there’s a heap of lessons.

And I was thrilled to discover another site via Webby – stunning art work and great diagrams for teaching visual literacy – http://www.whatimade.com/ He has instructions for making some great creative projects and I think your students will love his quirky drawings!