The Best Sites For Learning About Leonardo Da Vinci

I was reviewing The Best Sites Where Students Can Learn About Inventions, and thought that Leonardo Da Vinci deserved his own “The Best…” list.

So, here it is — my choices for The Best Sites For Learning About Leonardo Da Vinci:

Universal Leonardo has a bunch of great online interactive experiences students can have with Leonardo da Vinci’s drawings and experiments.

Doing Da Vinci comes from The Discovery Channel.

Leonardo Da Vinci is a student-created website.

Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519 is from the BBC.

Leonardo da Vinci exhibition at the National Gallery: in pictures is from The Telegraph.

Exploring Leonardo comes from The Museum of Science.

It Flies! Da Vinci’s Dream Comes True is from NPR.

Da Vinci’s lion springs to life is a neat video.

Leonardo da Vinci’s Resume is very intriguing.

See images from a Da Vinci museum exhibit here.

The Man Who Wanted To Know Everything is an extensive video about Leonardo Da Vinci, and is made available by Awesome Stories.

Feedback is welcome.

1. Larry, thanks so much for this list! My 5th grade daughter just built a catapult (a mini one!) from one of Leonardo’s designs, and she wants to do a science project on him. This is a great place to start.

2. Oh, well we just it got in in a kit (about $25) at one of those brainiac stores. It was worth it. My daughter is pretty interested in science. Thanks again for your blog!