The Best Posts & Articles About Curation

'Those who can, curate ... Those who can't tweet, retweet @bethkanter' photo (c) 2012, Ron Mader - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

(Yes, I know the saying on the image is a bit obnoxious, but it’s the best illustration I could find for this post)

A lot has been written recently about the importance of “curation” in this age of information “overload.” In March, I wrote a post titled The Difference Between “Curating,” “Aggregating” & “Creating” which shares my perspective on the topic.

I thought readers might be interested in what other people have to say on the topic.

Here are my choices for The Best Posts & Articles About Curation:

The Difference Between “Curating,” “Aggregating” & “Creating”

Real-Time News Curation is a nice collection by Robin Good.

I’m a curator. is by David Deubelbeiss from EFL Classroom 2.0.

3 Reasons Curation is Here to Stay is from Read Write Web.

The Three C’s of Information Commerce: Consumption, Curation, Creation is by Brian Solis.

Steven Rosenbaum is the author of the a book titled Curation Nation. You can read an excerpt from the book here, and the transcript of an interview with him here.

Students Becoming Curators of Information is from Langwitches.

What Makes A Great Curator Great? How To Distinguish High-Value Curation From Generic Republishing is from Robin Good.

The aggregator’s dilemma: How do you fairly serve your readers & the sources you rely on? is from Poynter.

I’m not a “curator” is a pretty interesting post.

Are Curators Bowerbirds?

Teaching Students to Become Curators of Ideas: The Curation Project
is from St. Edward’s University.

Digital Curation: Putting the Pieces Together is an excellent post by Sue Waters discussing curation and offering many suggested online tools.

Dean Shareski and I had a video conversation for a class he’s teaching. The topic was “All About Curation.”

Feedback is welcome.

If you found this post useful, you might want to look at 700 previous “The Best…” lists and also consider subscribing to this blog for free.

1. Pingback: Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… - The Best Posts & Articles About Curation | 21st Century Instruction | Scoop.it