Sleep Longer And Become A Better Athlete

I written quite a few posts about the importance of teen sleep (see The Best Resources For Helping Teens Learn About The Importance Of Sleep) and have written in my latest book how I use that research in classroom lessons.

Now a new study has been released specifically pointing to increased sleep leading to better athletic performances. You can read a San Francisco Chronicle story about the study, and a press release (Snooze You Win? It’s True for Achieving Hoop Dreams, Says New Study).

There are tons of benefits to sleeping longer, as I have described in my previous posts and my book. But maybe learning about this new information will provide an extra push to some of my students who have dreams of becoming star athletes or breakdancers,

Whatever works….

1. Hello Larry. I enjoy stopping by your blog. There’s always something I can use in my classes. In regards to the present entry, I think you might like the following article on a surprising performance-enhancing drug : http://io9.com/5817752/the-hot-new-performance+enhancing-drug-isbeetroot-juice

Keep on the good work ¡¡