There have been some excellent posts on school reform and education policy issues over the past few days. They include:

The Wrath Against Khan: Why Some Educators Are Questioning Khan Academy is clearly the best piece I’ve seen written about the Khan Academy.

Teacher Evaluations: Don’t Begin Assembly Until You Have All The Parts is an excellent post by Matthew Di Carlo at The Shanker Blog. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Effective Student & Teacher Assessments.

Deselection of the Bottom 8%: Lessons from Eugenics for Modern School Reform is an exceptionally thought-provoking post. It’s by Cedar Riener. Cedar has also written a follow-up piece titled “We Believe in Nothing, Lebowski” – Charges of Edu-nihilism and Change I Can Believe In.

Peer Effects And Attrition In High-Profile Charter Schools is another great post from The Shanker Blog. I’m adding it to both The Best Posts About Attrition Rates At So-Called “Miracle” Schools and to The Best Posts & Articles Analyzing Charter Schools.

How Finland became an education leader appeared in Salon. I’m adding it to The Best Resources To Learn About Finland’s Education System.