“Bridge” Is A Delightful Short Animation to Use In Class

“Bridge” is a short and delightful animation that is perfect to show English Language Learners (in fact, to any students) and then have them write and discuss it. It’s a great opportunity for them to literally describe what they see, plus incorporating the messages of the film. As its creator says:

Bridge is a story about four animal characters trying to cross a bridge, but ending up as obstacles to one another in the process. The moral behind this story revolves around how there are often disagreements or competing paths in life, and the possible results of pride, obstinance, and compromise.

I’ve embedded it below:

Bridge from Ting on Vimeo.

1. Pingback: Bridge | MatthiasHeil.de

2. Ha ha. You made my day! I sometimes show Mr. Bean videos in class and have the students discuss them in English. I will have to give this one a try, too.

Cheers,

Kev

3. Great video!
    Thanks for sharing your ideas about it, also. I see huge potential for this type of animation in special education classrooms. Not only can you get the vocab. part, but you can really focus on the social skills with the messages.
    I’m going to have my students pick a character and write from their perspective – comparing the resulting narratives.
    Thanks again, Larry.

Jeff

4. I really liked the video, it put a smile on my face at the end of my working day.