“Book Club It” Lets You Easily Create Online Book Discussion Groups

Book Club It is a new web tool that lets you easily create and participate in online book discussion groups. After registering, you can quickly find a thumbnail image of pretty much any book out there and set privacy options (you can make it public, or can set it so you can only access it if you have the precise url address and participants have been approved). Online polls related to the book can be set-up in seconds.

I’ve written before about how my students create face-to-face book discussion groups. Though you can use a class blog as a similar online complement to something like that, this Book Club It might work a bit better because that’s exactly what it’s designed to be — an online book discussion group.

I’m adding it to My Best Posts On Books: Why They’re Important & How To Help Students Select, Read, Write & Discuss Them.

1. This looks great, but I guess it’s in Beta. I created a book club, but can’t create an avatar for myself or my book club. When I sent an email for support, it came back as a failed email address. :( I did manage to create some discussion questions and a poll. Could be useful! http://www.bookclubit.com/bookclub.php?id=463

2. Thanks for link to Book Club It. I’ll try it out this term with my advanced ELT class