The Best Resources On Teaching Multilevel ESL/EFL Classes

'Juggling three' photo (c) 2010, Dvortygirl - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

I’ve been doing some research on teaching multilevel ESL/EFL classes, and thought I’d share the most useful resources I’ve found online.

I hope readers can contribute more…

Here are my choices for The Best Resources On Teaching Multilevel ESL/EFL Classes:

ESL Multilevel Activities is from Teaching English Games.

Teaching Multi-Level Classes is from Easy English.

Teaching In The Multilevel Classroom is from Pearson.

How do you deal with Mixed Ability Classes is a summary of an ELT chat on the topic.

Adapting materials for mixed ability classes is a very useful piece from the British Council’s Teaching English site.

Promoting the Success of Multilevel ESL Classes: What Teachers and Administrators Can Do is a report from CAELA.

This is helpful: #AusELT chat summary: Managing mixed-ability classes.

The Comprehensible Classroom shares some good ideas about how to handle a multi-level second language class.

Maximising Learning in Large Classes and Teaching Large Classes are both from The British Council.

As always, feedback is welcome.

You might want to explore my over 700 other “The Best…” lists and consider subscribing to this blog for free, too.

1. Pingback: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 | Lucas Centre Professional Development Posts

2. Thanks Larry, for the very informative material. I truly need this!!! Will bookmark you website for future classes.

Thanks again,

Lenore