'Juggling three' photo (c) 2010, Dvortygirl - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

Instructional strategies for multi-level classes of English language learners is a post I wrote at the British Council’s Teaching English site.

Here’s A Draft Plan For Our School’s Summer School Newcomer/Intermediate ELL Class

I’ve been doing some research on teaching multilevel ESL/EFL classes, and thought I’d share the most useful resources I’ve found online.

I hope readers can contribute more…

Here are my choices for The Best Resources On Teaching Multilevel ESL/EFL Classes:

ESL Multilevel Activities is from Teaching English Games.

Teaching Multi-Level Classes is from Easy English.

Teaching In The Multilevel Classroom is from Pearson.

How do you deal with Mixed Ability Classes is a summary of an ELT chat on the topic.

Adapting materials for mixed ability classes is a very useful piece from the British Council’s Teaching English site.

Promoting the Success of Multilevel ESL Classes: What Teachers and Administrators Can Do is a report from CAELA.

This is helpful: #AusELT chat summary: Managing mixed-ability classes.

The Comprehensible Classroom shares some good ideas about how to handle a multi-level second language class.

Maximising Learning in Large Classes and Teaching Large Classes are both from The British Council.

Teaching mixed ability – some tips is from TEFL Reflections.

Be flexible! is by TEFL Reflections.

Adapting materials for mixed ability classes is from The British Council.

Here’s an ELT Chat summary on Differentiated Instruction in Classes of Differing Ability.

Assessment in the multi-level classroom is from the Oxford Press blog, and offers good advice.

Differentiated Instruction in Classes of Differing Ability #ELTchat Summary

Adapting materials for mixed ability classes and Teaching mixed-ability classes 2 are both from The British Council.

Teaching Mixed Ability Classes is from Psychology For Educators (and More).

As always, feedback is welcome.

You might want to explore my over 700 other “The Best…” lists and consider subscribing to this blog for free, too.