My Best Posts On The Basics Of Small Groups In The Classroom

In yesterday’s post, Teens, Their Brains, & Working In Groups, I mentioned that I would be posting a “The Best…” list today sharing a few very practical and simple ideas on how to work effectively with small groups in the classroom.

This “The Best…” list is a bit different from my lengthy The Best Sites For Cooperative Learning Ideas post. That is a much more involved list, while this post is more focused on the everyday basics of just doing a simple small group activity.

Here are my choices for My Best Posts On The Basics Of Small Groups In The Classroom:

Thirteen teachers left responses in the comments of my post, “What Do You To Make Sure Small Groups Work Well In Class?”

The Best Number For A Small Group

NPR Story On Importance Of Social Skills For Small Group Success

And This Is Why We Have To Help Our Students Learn How To Work In Small Groups

Solutions to Social Loafing is a report on forming small groups in classes that has some very interesting, if not unsurprising, findings.

Dividing younger pupils by ability can entrench disadvantage, study finds
is from The Guardian.

“How Diversity Makes Us Smarter”

You might also want to explore the 760 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.

1. Harry Larry,

Getting clasroom dynamics right is crucial for successful teaching and an enjoyable learning experience and there’s surprsing little useful guidance material around, so thanks a lot for this.

Just posted a link to this on the TeachingEnglish facebook page if you’d like to check there for comments.

Please feel free to post on the page whenever you have anything you’d like to share.

Best,

Ann

2. Pingback: Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… - My Best Posts On The Basics Of Small Groups In The Classroom | TeachingEnglish | Scoop.it