I thought readers might, or might not, be interested in hearing about some things I’ll be up to over the next few months (in addition to teaching and playing basketball):
* I’ll be doing a free one-hour Webinar on December 13th on Student Motivation and Classroom Management for the publisher of my last book, Eye On Education.
* The 100,000 word book that my colleague Katie Hull and I are writing, The ESL Teacher’s Survival Guide, is going through final edits and will be published by Jossey-Bass in the summer. I think educators might find it very helpful.
* I’m working on a sequel to my last book, Helping Students Motivate Themselves:Practical Answers To Classroom Challenges. That should be published by Eye On Education in early 2013.
* The weekly teacher advice column I’m writing for Education Week Teacher is going strong and has been a lot of fun. Feel free to leave any question related to education that you’d like to ask in the comments section of this post. Thanks again to Eye On Education for giving free books to people who’s questions I use.
* ASCD Educational Leadership will be publishing an article I’ve written on teaching reading to English Language Learners. It’ll be in their March issue on reading.
* I’m working with The New York Times Learning Network on a guest post about student motivation for early in 2012.
* I’ll be leading two workshops at the Colorado Council International Reading Association Annual Conference On Literacy in February.
I’ll keep you posted….