The Best Ways For Students To Create Online Holiday Content Quickly & Easily

I’ve got a huge The Best Places To Learn About Christmas, Hanukkah, & Kwanzaa list.

In fact, it may be a bit too big….

I’ve created a shorter list on my ESL class blog that only includes sites where students can create online holiday-related content quickly and easily =- without having to register anywhere.

I thought readers might find it useful.

1. Your resources are always valuable, Larry. But do you have information on holidays in early Fall, when many major religions – including Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism and Judaism – celebrate major holidays? How about Spring, when several religions celebrate holidays welcoming rebirth? Many ELL kids don’t celebrate Christmas, and even if they did, it is important to educate all kids that Christmas isn’t the only big holiday in our global community. That’s the way to develop broad thinkers.

2. I appreciate the work you put into this. But my concern is that most schools only discuss holidays in December, in the context of those that fall near Christmas (as the list you promoted does). It’s especially difficult for non-Christian ELLs, simply adding to their feeling of being “the other.” But again, I think every student deserves to learn about religious holidays outside the prism of Christmas. Helps them see the world and their place in it.

3. Larry, thanks for sharing the information.I believe the more you share the more you receive.