The Best Resources On Teacher/Student Use Of Social Media

The issue of teachers using social media with students is an on-going question that been receiving a lot attention recently.

This is just the beginning of a “The Best…” list on the topic, and I hope readers will suggest additional resources.

You can find some additional resources at A Beginning List Of The Best Resources For Learning About Facebook.

You might also be interested in this Sacramento Bee article, Is it OK for teachers and students to be Facebook friends?, that includes a quote from me in it.

Here are my choices for The Best Resources On Teacher/Student Use Of Social Media (as I mentioned, it’s starting off very small):

Response: Can Teachers Be Friends With Students Using Social Media? is one of my Education Week columns with guest responses from educators on the question.

Rules to Stop Pupil and Teacher From Getting Too Social Online is from The New York Times.

Using Social Media to Teach: Keep It Transparent, Open and Safe is from The School Book section of The NY Times.

Social Media in Schools #EdChat is from The Nerdy Teacher.

Feedback and/or Additional suggestions are always welcome.

You might also want to explore the over 800 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.