The Wall Street Journal has just published a surprisingly thoughtful video on the use of Value-Added Measures to evaluate teachers in New York City and elsewhere. I’ll be adding it to The Best Posts & Articles About The New York Court Decision Releasing Teacher Ratings :
About The Author
I'm a high school teacher in Sacramento, CA.
June 16, 2013
April 22, 2009
Most popular posts
- List Of Knowledge Questions My TOK Students Are Using This Year For Their Oral Presentations
- Four "New" Activities I'm Doing Next Week In My ELL Newcomers Class
- The Best Online Virtual "Corkboards" (or "Bulletin Boards")
- The Best Video Clips On Goal-Setting -- Help Me Find More
- The Best Resources For Helping Teachers Use Bloom's Taxonomy In The Classroom
- The Best Websites For Creating Online Learning Games
- The Best Places To Get The "Same" Text Written For Different "Levels"
- The Best Places To Read & Write "Choose Your Own Adventure" Stories
- Get A Free PDF Of The NY Times' "1619 Project"
- This Is The Best Video I've Seen On Perseverance & Resilience: "There’s no dishonor in having a disability"
- This Is Pretty Interesting: An Online Historical Archive Of Notebooks Used By Schoolchildren Around The World
- Pins Of The Week
- ‘Prevention Is the Best Way to Support Long-Term English-Learner Students’
- I Will Never Teach Another Lesson on “Grit” Without Including This NY Times Piece On The Value Of Quitting
- A Look Back: When A “Good” Class Goes “Bad” (And Back To “Good” Again!)