Here are some new educational policy-related posts and articles that I’ve found useful:

Turnarounds: The SIG Mystery is a post from Alexander Russo that in turn links to a three part series in the Denver Post about the mystery of School Improvement Grants. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The Four School Improvement Grant Models.

Schools We Can Envy is by Diane Ravitch and appeared in the New York Review of Books. I’m adding it to The Best Resources To Learn About Finland’s Education System.

Common Core won’t likely boost student achievement, analysis says is from Valerie Strauss at The Washington Post. I’m adding it to The Best Articles Sharing Concerns About Common Core Standards.

Common Core: David Coleman is no Doug Lemov… is by Alice Mercer. I’m adding it to the same list.

As teacher merit pay spreads, one noted voice cries, ‘It doesn’t work’ is from The Washington Post. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning Why Teacher Merit Pay Is A Bad Idea.

Eight brief points about “merit pay” for teachers is by Daniel Pink. I’m adding it to the same list.

The “Mathlash” To Silicon Valley’s Move Into Education is from EdSurge. I’m adding it to The Best Posts About The Khan Academy.

Do as I Say, Not as I Do: Why Authority Fails is by Paul Thomas.

Scapegoating Teachers is by Moshe Adler. I’m adding it to The Best Posts On The NY Times-Featured Teacher Effectiveness Study.

Review of the Long Term Impacts of Teachers is from The National Education Policy Center. I’m adding it to the same list.

If Newspapers Are Going To Publish Teachers’ Value-Added Scores, They Need To Publish Error Margins Too is by Matthew Di Carlo. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles About The New York Court Decision Releasing Teacher Ratings.

Phil Kovacs Responds to the Latest Research on Teach For America is from Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles Raising Concerns About Teach For America.